Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Cover girl Ready Set Gorgeous!

Hey dolls I'm super duper late on this review but I've been trying so many different products it's been difficult to blog in a timely manner. Well the w8 is over I have been trying out the Katy Perry endorsed Ready Set Gorgeous by Cover girl. It's a matte finish buildable coverage nearly full for me.
I believe the foundation comes in about 12 shades mine being 310 Classic Tan about the second or third to last (darkest) color. The liquid foundation is in very cute squeeze tube hate or love. Giving you 1 full oz of product. It claims to give a natural finish that will last all day, reducing shine & redness. Its oil free and won't clog pores.
All great but I'd prefer a wider shade selection my 310 Classic Tan was some what ashy on me. Given that I am a very oily girl in a humid climate this formula didn't hold up all day maybe 6 hrs before it melted off almost completely. The redness coverage was very awesome if that's all you have to worry about you should try this out. I do enjoy the fact that it doesn't look cakey after my application. If you're oily definitely bring out your favorite primer. Also I enjoy a squeeze tube for convenience.
Now for the fresh complexion powder. Consists of 10.5g of product and is available in about 4 or 5 shades. The system of powders each works with 2 shades of the liquid foundation given you fewer choices. But also it's taking out the guess work for those who might find it difficult to choose a perfect match. Again my oily skin is really too much for this powder alone the foundation lasted longer and gave more coverage. So again if you oily skin grab you primer. I actually enjoyed it more over the liquid foundation definitely not going to last all day if you have oil control issues,but maybe a work day if you don't mind blotting thats for both the powder and foundation separately & together. 
If your skin is dry I wouldn't recommend this product because of its lack of hydration it may become cakey easily depending on how much coverage your trying to obtain.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so interested in the liquid foundation. I'm an oily skinned girl too but I feel like liquid foundations are quicker to apply. Thanks for review :)

    xo, Pau
    http://bookshelvesandvanities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete